The Pritchard Music Academy offers both Private and Group lessons for children and adults. Our instructors are among the finest on their respective instruments. They will nurture and encourage each student to reach his or her full potential.
Early Childhood Music Program
This is a fun and nurturing group program for children ages 18 months to 4 years old and a parent or caregiver. Classes encourage children to develop physically, emotionally, socially and cognitively through fun and playful participation in music discovery activities, including a hands-on introduction to musical instruments
- Group Piano classes: Each class includes group activities, individualized instruction and private practice time. Students learn musical concepts as a group while progressing as their own musical skill develops. This program provides Piano instruction, the social aspect of working with peers and preparation for advancement into private lessons
- Level 1 Group Piano: The Level 1 class is for the student who has had no prior Piano instruction. This basic musicianship course incorporates fun group activities with learning the fundamentals of playing the Piano, ear training, rhythm, theory and movement.
- Level 2 Group Piano: The Level 2 class is for students who have advanced through our Level 1 class or who have had previous Piano experience. The class includes specialized group activities with greater emphasis on individual instruction.
- Private Piano Lessons: Private lessons provide one-on-one instruction for the beginner through advanced student. Lessons focus on note reading, playing techniques, ear training and rhythm.
Want to learn to play the Piano, but dont own one? No problem! Join our Practice Club
and you can sign up for open times during the week and practice on one of our Pianos.
Band and Orchestra Instrument Program
Private and group instruction is available for all Brass, Woodwind and String instruments. Lessons enhance what is being taught in school music programs including correct breathing technique, rhythm, articulation and phrasing as well as encouraging students to be creative and enjoy playing an instrument.
- Level 1 Group Instrumental: The Level 1 class is for the student who is new to the instrument. This basic musicianship course incorporates group activities with learning the fundamentals of playing the instrument: fingering, tuning, phrasing, ear training, rhythm and theory.
- Level 2 Group Instrumental: The Level 2 class is for students who have advanced through our Level 1 class or who have had previous instrument experience.
- Private Instrument Lessons: Private lessons provide one-on-one instruction for the beginner through advanced student. Lessons focus on note reading, playing techniques, ear training and rhythm.
For the intermediate through advanced students in Brass, Woodwind and String instruments. Students will learn how to play in a small ensemble and how to listen and communicate with each other through music. It is an intensive program that delves into all styles of music.
Adult Lessons and Chamber Ensembles
Whether you are a player, learning a new instrument or dusting off an old one, our adult groups offer a fun and intensely satisfying musical journey. Adult students can enroll in an array of playing and learning classes including private instruction, music appreciation classes and chamber ensembles. Sessions are scheduled to work with the active adult schedule with daytime, evening and Saturday class times.
Public Performances will be available for all students.
Coming Soon: Vocal, Guitar and other popular instruments!
We are always available to consult with you about selecting the appropriate program or reviewing a students progress.